On 24 August 2012 Earth Charter Switzerland held a successful project day at the school of Trimmis GR to the topic "awareful living" where the Earth Charter played a very important role.
Near 110 students worked on 10 different places with different goals, for example:
• learn about ones footprint,
• what is the Earth Charter?
• What does sustainability mean?
• Create a small solar car,
• The loss of biodiversity around the school,
• seasonal and biological eating, etc.
The whole team of teachers also worked together with the regional WWF group and Earth Charter Switzerland.
It was a part of the Earth Charter Switzerland UNESCO recognized project "Ways to sustainalble lifestyles".